Setting up a Thermal Printer for Receipt Printing
2 types of thermal printers are available in the market:
- Thermal Line Printers. (Supported after EZIPOS version > 2.19): Easy to Install & Use.
- Thermal ESC/POS printers: Complicate to install & use, also some languages & curriences symbol may not be supported.
WE RECOMMEND USING A THERMAL LINE PRINTER FOR THE EASE OF SETUP AND GOOD PRINT QUALITY.×
Browser-based printing or Thermal Line Printers or Direct Thermal: (Recommended)
Thermal line printers also called as Direct Thermal, are easy to install & use. Also they supports browser based printing. For better result use paper with width 79mm.
To use a thermal line printer follow these steps:
- Setup the printer on your computer with the appropriate driver which comes with the printer.
- Go to Settings -> Business Locations -> Settings (green color button for each location). Here change the Receipt Printer Type to Browser based printing and save it.
- In the invoice layout select the Design as Slim.
You’re now ready to use the printer, no more steps required.
This printer is supportable with android and other handheld devices like tablets.
Thermal ESC/POS printers:
Setting an ESC/POS thermal printer involves 3 steps:
- Adding a Printer
- Configuring business location to use the added printer.
- Step1: Adding a Printer
- Add a new printer from Settings -> Receipt Printer
- Select the appropriate Connection Type:
- For “Network” provide the IP Address of the printer.
- For “Windows” map the printer to a file and provide the path of the file.
- Select the capability profile and add character per line supported in the printer.
- Save the Printer configuration.
- Check the video below for more details on setting it.
Step2: Configuring Business Location to use printer:
- Go to Settings -> Business Settings.
- For a particular business location, go to “Settings” in actions column.
- Change “Receipt Printer Type” to “Use Configured Receipt Printer“
- Select the “Receipt Printers” from the list of Receipt Printers
- Click on Update.
Many thermal receipt printers support ESC/POS to some degree. This driver has been known to work with:
EPOS TEP 22
Epson TM-U295 (requires release() to release slip).
Epson TM-U59 and TM-U59
Equal (EQ-IT-1) POS-58
SEYPOS PRP-3 (Also marketed as TYSSO PRP-3
Zjiang ZJ-589T (Marketed as POS 589T)
Printing via Phone/Tablet Bluetooth using Thermal Printer
In EZIPOS there is no special setup required for printing via mobile Bluetooth using thermal printers. You can print receipts like printing any other documents from your computer/mobile in these printers.